Unique ability to see devices the instant they connect to the network, control them and orchestrate information sharing and operation among disparate security tools.
Transforming Security Through Visibility
The ForeScout solution provides the unique ability to see devices, including non-traditional devices, the instant they connect to the network and enforce policy-based control of these devices. Once you can see and control, our solution can orchestrate information sharing and automate workflows among disparate security and IT management tools. Here’s how:
CounterACT® discovers and classifies devices without requiring agents. Based on its classification, CounterACT then assesses the device’s security posture and applies policies that enforce the specific behavior the device is allowed to have while connected to a network.
ForeScout Extended Modules extend the capabilities of CounterACT to a vast range of system infrastructure and third-party security management tools.
CounterACT Enterprise Manager provides centralized management and control of distributed virtual and physical CounterACT appliances.
ControlFabric® Architecture enables CounterACT and other solutions to exchange information and resolve network, security and operational issues.
- Greater visibility into devices connected to the network. Because our solution discovers the increasing proportion of devices that do not or can’t have agents, our customers have reported seeing up to 60% more devices on their network than previously known. We provide increased visibility into devices regardless of their physical locations—on premise, in the public cloud, in corporate data centers or branch offices.
- Continuous visibility. Our solution sees devices when they connect to the network and at all times while connected. We have the ability to detect a change in device posture, such as outdated or broken agents, as well as determine when a device is not acting the way we believe it should, based on our extensive repository of behaviors developed over the past 15 years.
- Automated control based on policy. Once our solution discovers and classifies devices, it provides a choice of what to do with these devices based on granular compliance and security policies. Organizations can set their own specific security policies upon connection. We provide many options beyond allow or deny for network access, including segmenting to a more secure VLAN, alerting IT teams or third-party systems of potential threats or quarantining devices from the network. Our solution enforces these policies automatically, without the need for human involvement.
- Orchestration of actions between systems. Our solution enables third-party systems to share data to gain better context of device posture and orchestrate an automated response. We have built integrations with leading security providers to extend the value of existing security investments by interconnecting fragmented security tools.
- Integrated across a heterogeneous environment. Our solution integrates with a diverse group of switches, routers and servers, and is not constrained by a single vendor dependency. Our ability to integrate with all major network infrastructures is particularly important as workloads move to the cloud and organizations utilize heterogeneous environments serviced by many vendors. This provides our customers with ease of implementation, freedom from vendor lock-in and resilience to upgrade and refresh cycles.
- Scalable to cover the increasing number of devices on a network. We grow as more devices come online in the enterprise. As of September 30, 2016, we have sold products with licenses covering over 30 million devices. Our high-end appliances can manage 10,000 devices and we can have multiple appliances within a single environment. We support organizations of all sizes and scale, with our largest customers using us to manage over one million devices on the network.
- Rapid time to value. Organizations often begin realizing the benefit of our solution almost immediately after implementation as they see substantially more devices on their network than previously known. We have customers that have deployed our solution across hundreds of thousands of devices in less than 90 days.